It’s finally been confirmed that Good Morning Britain presenter Richard Madeley will be taking part in this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
Richard Madeley has finally confirmed that he is taking part in this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
Following the full line-up announcement on Monday evening, Richard made an exclusive appearance on Tuesday’s Good Morning Britain.
Revealing that he’s in quarantine in Wales, the 65-year-old moaned that he was bored and was keen to get started on the popular ITV reality show.
Showing off his new I’m A Celeb outfit, the TV presenter said he was confused as to why he had a pair of jungle boots when the series isn’t actually taking place in the jungle.
I’m A Celeb will be held in Gwrych Castle in Wales for the second year in a row due to the Covid pandemic, which meant it wasn’t possible to travel to Australia last year.
Richard also said a heartfelt “goodbye” to his wife of more than 30 years Judy Finnigan as he prepared to spend weeks apart from her.
After years of ITV bosses begging him to take part in the show, Richard finally agreed.
Revealing the reason why he said yes this year, he said: “Up until now, I’ve always been perfectly happy watching as a viewer but recently, I realised I’m A Celebrity is no longer just a TV programme. It’s become part of the fabric of British life and part of the countdown to Christmas.
“It suddenly hit me that everyone talks about it the next day and I suddenly wondered what it would be like to be there rather than watching.
“I realised the time had come to experience it.
“Judy and I talked about it and we realised we couldn’t find a reason for me not to do it. I slept on the offer and when I woke up the next day, I found myself feeling really excited that I was going to say yes.
“My children think it is hilarious I am taking part!”
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! starts Sunday 21st November at 9pm on ITV and ITV Hub.