The concerned family took Sasha to the vets and their “nightmare” began as her condition worsened and the poison caused the puppy to bleed from her eyes and rear
Image: Chloe Smith)
A puppy has died in the “worst case” of poisoning a vet has ever seen – leaving a family heartbroken.
Chloe Smith, a mum to three-year-old Malaya and a five-month-old boy James, were devastated after the death of their dog Sasha, Cheshire Live reports.
She described her as a “healthy, happy and protective puppy” but a tragic case of poisoning caused her to “bleed from her eyes” before she died.
The 22-year-old and her family would walk Sasha on the same route everyday.
And the last time they walked her the puppy was not doing anything out of the ordinary and rolling around while playing with Malaya.
Chloe first noticed something was “not right” was when Sasha began to sleep more throughout the day and it took her much longer to leave her bed.
The following day, the pooch began to bleed and vomit while hiding from the family in the house.
“The next day she didn’t touch her food or drink and didn’t even acknowledge the children who she plays with day in day out,” she told CheshireLive.
“We were told she was coming into season as these were previous symptoms from her last.
“With in 24 hours of that she began vomiting a thick white foam like liquid, she began hiding away from us all, then she began to bleed from her backside.”
The concerned family took Sasha to the vets and their “nightmare” began as her condition worsened.
Chloe says the poison caused the puppy to be “eaten from the inside out” as she bled from her eyes and rear.
“We had no idea it was all going to spiral out of control, she was being eaten from the inside out and she was bleeding from her backside, eyes and couldn’t even stand on her paws,” she said.
“She looked like she had endured absolute torture and was poisoned with a heavy dose of rat poison to the point her intestines were coming out with her sick.
“She was shaking and couldn’t even lift her head from the floor and we had no other choice as there was no coming back from her.”
The vets were unable to save Sasha, which left her daughter wondering why they did not “give her back”.
She said: “The vets had done all they could and it was the worst case of poisoning they have ever seen so we had no other choice but to let her go.
“The selfless act of human stupidity has cost the life of our family pet whose life was only just starting.
“This has caused such heartache in our home, my daughter still wonders why the doctors won’t give her back.”
The heartbroken mum warned other dog-owners to remain vigilant and pleaded for those who poisoned Sasha to stop doing “such horrendous things”.
She said: “Please to any dog owners, be aware and as soon as you see anything out of the ordinary seek medical attention.
“When they’re off the lead be aware of where they’re running and what they’re playing with and please look out for anybody acting out the ordinary.
“I have received many messages regarding the same situation in the same place and the same torture.
“And to those who are doing such horrendous things please stop, I would hate to see this happen to another pet never mind a child.”
Leave a Reply